Monday, June 21, 2010

Fwd: Brian Hogan Jr. Update - June 21, 2010

Grainne's latest update on Brian!-


Subject: Brian Hogan Jr. Update - June 21, 2010

Hello from the land of Guinness and Tayto!

Just a quick update, now that I've seen "the kid" himself, in his "new habitat".  Brian was really excited to "see" me.  He kept introducing me to staff and other "inmates" over and over.  I'm sure they were sick of shaking my hand.  I arrived in Ireland with absolutely no luggage, so I had been in the same clothes for almost 36 hours.  He wouldn't have minded if I visited him in a purple velor suit.

We had a great 1st day together.  His mood was fabulous.  Toward the end of the day we sat at the computer and I started reading the early updates to him, along with all your responses.  I'm not sure how I held it together, as some of those updates were quiet emotional, but I managed it.  Brian kept saying "well done, well done, now tell me who responded"!  If you think he doesn't hear the responses - wrong.  He loves all the details!  So don't be afraid to hit "reply" and tell me what you're thinking.

Most of the time Brian is in good form, but when he's sad, it's heartbreaking.  He just hangs his head and says "I'm so sad".  The only upside to him not being able to see - he can't see us crying.  I was able to compose myself until yesterday, and then the heavens opened and I thought they'd never close. 

Plans for Brian's Fundraiser are going really well.  Although we've never had any experience with this sort of thing, everyone has been fabulous.  We're not even sure if we're doing it right, but we'll figure it out!  We'll be sure to post pictures on Brian's new blog - http://helpbrian.blogspot.com/

Feel free to send that link to as many people as you'd like.  Every bit helps, and you never know who's out there that know something about the right kind of treatment for Brian's eyesight loss.  Also, you never know who's dying to leave they're fortune to someone deserving!

Will email everyone again soon.

From my family to yours - "thank you".

Much love,

Hogan Family xx


No comments:

Post a Comment